Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner
Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner is compact and affordable, corded spot cleaner. It is designed to clean set-in stains, stubborn dirt and various messes from spots and small surfaces like carpets, area rugs, car interiors, stairs, upholstery and similar.
Although it doesn't feature water heater, the use of warm water in combination with carious cleaning formulas is recommended in order to improve the cleaning.
Published: January 24, 2020.
Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner is powered via 5.7 Amps motor, providing plenty of suction when vacuuming liquids from cleaned surfaces.
Nonetheless, some moisture is always present after cleaning in the carpets and such surfaces must be left to dry out, before they can be used again - drying time depends on local temperature, draft, air moisture, sunlight exposure and similar.
Perhaps the best time to use this cleaner is late in the evening, so that the floors can thoroughly dry out until the morning.
Bissell 3624 is corded unit and it features 22 feet (~6.7 m) long power cord. Also, it comes with 4 feet (~1.2 m) long flexible cleaning hose. Both power cord and cleaning hose provide long reach, allowing the user to clean spots and smaller areas relatively far from the nearest power socket.
Although compact, Bissell 3624 weighs 13.2 pounds (~6 kg) with tanks empty. Personally, 13 pounds is not large weight to carry around, but elderly people could have issues carrying it up and down the stairs, especially having in mind that tank capacity is 3/4 of a gallon.
Again, Bissell 3624 doesn't feature water heater, however, it is recommended to use warm tap water (up to 140°F/60°C) combined with some cleaning formula (according to your needs) in order to improve the cleaning.
Bissell 3624 Cleaning Tools
Bissell 3624 comes with two cleaning tools by default, and these are:
- 3" Tough Stain Tool is designed for cleaning stains and messes from spots and really small surfaces. Also, thanks to its limited width (only 3 inches, 7.6 cm), it can reach narrow and tight places and clean them.
- 6" Stair Tool is designed for cleaning smaller areas like stairs, smaller carpets, upholstery and similar. It has double the cleaning width of 3" Tough Stain Tool (6 vs 3 inches, ~15 vs 7.6 cm) and thus can cover larger area faster. However, none of these tools is intended for cleaning larger areas - for such purposes one has to use carpet washer/shampooer.
Other cleaning tools which can be used with Bissell 3624 can be ordered separately, if required. Some of these tools are:
- Powered TurboBrush Hand Tool is motorized cleaning tool, designed to loosen and remove deeply embedded dirt and stains. It is simple to use tool, but it is not maintenance-free tool - from time to time, the user must remove entangled pet and human hair from the rotating brush. This tool helps the user to easily and faster clean much larger surfaces than 3" and 6" manual tools can do.
- 4" Upholstery Tool is narrower than of 6" Stair Tool and slightly wider than 3" Tough Stain Tool and can be used for cleaning upholstery, stairs, car interiors, carpets etc.
- Sliding Crevice Tool with Brush is two-in-one cleaning tool. Crevice tool can reach and clean rather narrow areas like between mattresses, car seats, cushions and similar. Brush is used to scrub, if necessary, such hard to reach spots and surfaces.
- Spraying Crevice Tool is also designed for cleaning tight and narrow spaces, but this tool can also be used for treating such surfaces with cleaning liquid for improved cleaning.
- Deep Reach Pet Tool features so-called 'Deep Injection Technology' which cleans the carpet by quickly and thoroughly removing the pet stains and odors and various other messes. Also, it features two rows of needles with 2 rows of brush bristles beneath them.
Bissell Cleaning Formulas
Bissell and other manufacturers of carpet spot cleaners and washers offer wide range of cleaning formulas. Of course, they all recommended using ONLY their formulas with their carpet cleaners and washers.
Note: all these formulas are safe when used according to the instructions. Also, they are relatively cheap, considering the amount of work they actually do - people with pets and kids will highly appreciate them, but other people as well should consider using original Bissell cleaning formulas.
Here is the quick overview of some of the Bissell cleaning formulas:
|Boost: Carpet cleaning formula enhancers are formulated to improve cleaning of various stains, odors and messes. They come is several versions, optimized for specific purpose:
- Bissell Oxy Boost Carpet Cleaning Formula Enhancer
- Bissell 1613A Pet Boost Oxy Formula for Cleaning Carpets
- Bissell Prevent Boost Carpet Cleaning Formula Enhancer
- Bissell Renew Boost Carpet Cleaning Formula Enhancer
Pretreat: used for pretreating dirty spots and stains in order to improve carpet cleaning. They also come is several versions, optimized for specific purpose:
- Bissell 1773 Oxy Stain Destroyer Pet Plus Pretreat
- Bissell 1775 Oxy Stain Destroyer Plus Pretreat
- Bissell Stain Pretreat for Carpet & Upholstery
- Bissell 1129 Pet Pretreat + Sanitize Stain & Odor Remover
- Bissell Rental Heavy Traffic Pretreat and Spot Cleaner
Professional Formulas: very popular cleaning formulas used for cleaning and protecting carpets and other similar surfaces.
- Bissell Professional Deep Cleaning with Febreze Freshness Spring & Renewal Formula
- Bissell Professional Spot and Stain + Oxy Portable Machine Formula
- Bissell Pro Pet Urine Eliminator Upright Deep Cleaner Formula
2X Concentrated Cleaning Formulas: most popular cleaning formulas which come in various versions and sizes, tailored according the very specific needs and requirements.
- Bissell 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula
- Bissell 2X Deep Clean + Protect Carpet Cleaning Formula
- Bissell 2X Pet Stain & Odor Upright Carpet Cleaning Formula
- Bissell 2X Spot & Stain Portable Machine Formula
Note: Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner includes the Bissell 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula - perhaps the most universal cleaning formula the Bissell has to offer. Also, Bissell 3624 is offered in the bundle with other cleaning formulas, so choose according to your needs.
Many Bissell cleaning formulas come as part of specific cleaning kits - since they save the money, consider such cleaning kits, too.
Bissell Carpet Spot Cleaners - Comparisons and Recommendations
There are several very similar carpet spot cleaners manufactured by Bissell. They differ in several details and before purchasing one, it is highly recommended to know actual differences between these models.
Note: this is not full list of all the carpet spot cleaners manufactured by Bissell.
|Model||Bissell 14259 Little Green ProHeat||Bissell 1400B Little Green||Bissell 5207F SpotClean ProHeat||Bissell 3624 SpotClean Pro||Bissell 33N8A SpotBot|
|Power Cord||15 feet (~4.6 m)||15 feet (~4.6 m)||15 feet (~4.6 m)||22 feet (~6.7 m)||15 feet (~4.6 m)|
|Weight||11.6 lbs (~5.25 kg)||9.6 lbs (~4.35 kg)||9 lbs (~4.1 kg)||13.2 lbs (~6 kg)||14 lbs (6.34 kg)|
|Cleaning Tools||Tough Stain Tool, Spraying Crevice Tool||Tough Stain Tool||Tough Stain Tool, DeepStain Tool||3" Tough Stain Tool, 6" Stair Tool||Tough Stain Tool|
|Cleaning Formulas||Spot & Stain||Spot & Stain||Spot & Stain, Oxy Boost||Professional Deep Cleaning Formula||Pet Stain & Odor, Pet Oxy Boost|
|Hands Free Cleaning||-||-||-||-||Yes|
|Warranty||1-Year Limited Warranty||1-Year Limited Warranty||2-Year Limited Warranty||2-Year Limited Warranty||2-Year Limited Warranty|
|Amazon Link||Bissell 14259||Bissell 1400B||Bissell 5207F||Bissell 3624||Bissell 33N8|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new window, feel free to check them for most up-to-date prices and info.
As one can see, the Bissell 3624 comes with the longest power cord and very respectable for this unit's class warranty of 2 years.
Although it doesn't feature water heater, personally it is not a big disadvantage: fill the required amount of warm water an cleaning formula in the unit, clean/wash dirty spot/area/mess, empty the unit and store it - one doesn't need water heater to keep the water warm during quick cleanups.
Also, Bissell 3624 requires the user to manually clean the surface, unlike Bissell 33N8A SpotBot. If you already have Bissell 3624 or consider purchasing it, but you are worried about cleaning really tough stains and messes, don't forget that there is a Turbo Brush cleaning tool, which can be ordered separately.
Long Story Short: Bissell 3624 is affordable unit that does its job very well. It is low maintenance unit and simple to use, just be sure to read the manual before the very first use.
Also, cleaning formulas significantly help cleaning the messes and removing the unpleasant odors - don't go cheap with them.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner Amazon link (link opens in the new window).