Hoover ONEPWR Cordless FloorMate Jet Hard Floor Cleaner and Wet Vacuum, Model BH55210
Hoover BH55210 ONEPWR FloorMate Jet is a cordless hard floor cleaner and a dry/wet vacuum, allowing the user to both wash and vacuum bare floors at the same time. This versatile unit can be also used for refreshing and light vacuuming of the thinner area rugs and low-pile carpets.
Onboard power fade-free lithium ion battery offers cordless freedom for longer cleanings, allowing Hoover BH55210 to be used even in larger homes and apartments. However, for people requiring regular thorough cleaning of larger areas, getting an additional battery is recommended.
Published: January 24, 2020.
Hoover BH55210 FloorMate Jet Features and Specifications
Hoover BH55210 FloorMate Jet comes with 20V 3.0 Ah lithium ion battery. Actual operating voltage of this battery is 18 volts, and maximum voltage is 20V, hence '20V' as part of its label.
Note: all ONEPWR batteries are compatible with all Hoover's ONEPWR cordless tools. At the moment, there are 2.0 Ah, 3.0 Ah and 4.0 Ah 5-cells ONEPWR lithium ion batteries that should be charged ONLY using chargers designed for these batteries.
When the unit arrives, the battery is for safety reasons only half charged - place it in the charger and let it charge fully prior the use. It takes about 3.5 hours for the empty battery to get fully charged. During the operation, LED dashboard monitors the battery and the cleaning mode and displays the relevant information to the user.
Note: Hoover BH55210 is simple to operate unit, but when it arrives, be sure to read the manual thoroughly.
Hoover BH55210 washes and vacuums floors using:
- cleaning solution is sprayed over cleaned surface by the user when required,
- rotating microfiber brushroll spins and scrubs the dirt from the floor surface,
- vacuum suction picks up both wet and dry dirt, spilled liquids, remaining cleaning solution and similar.
The combination of these three methods ensures thorough cleaning of various bare floors, including laminate, hard wood, tiles, marble, vinyl and similar and light cleaning and refreshing of the area rugs and carpets.
Note: when cleaning area rugs and carpets, cleaning solution help remove sticky messes from the surface, but the brushroll is not stiff enough nor the suction is strong enough to deeply clean area rugs and carpets, especially not the high-pile carpets. Thus, Hoover BH55210 cannot replace full-size, carpet vacuum cleaners.
Hoover BH55210 ONEPWR FloorMate Jet features controls on the handle, including on/off button and mode selector, allowing the user to choose between two modes:
- High mode is intended for cleaning of the most stubborn and sticky messes. In this mode rotating brushroll spins at the highest velocity and the vacuum suction is the strongest. But, operating time is decreased due to the larger power/energy demand by the unit.
- Eco mode is intended for everyday cleaning of the various bare floors and for the refreshing of area rugs and carpets. Since the brushroll spins at lower speed, unit can operate for longer on a single battery charge - fully charged battery can provide enough energy for the unit to operate up to 20 minutes in this mode.
Hoover BH55210 ONEPWR FloorMate Jet features two separate tanks, one for the cleaning solution and one for the dirty liquids. Both tanks are removable, allowing user to easily fill and empty the tanks.
Note: Hoover BH55210 doesn't have water heater, but for improved cleaning it is recommended to add warm tap water - warm, NOT hot!
Cleaning solution tank features so-called 'Fill Lines', allowing the user to quickly and accurately measure required amount of water and cleaning formula/detergent when cleaning small (up to 300 sq. ft.) and large (up to 600 sq. ft.) areas.
Hoover manufactures broad range of cleaning formulas/liquid detergents, suitable for different surfaces, like Tile&Grout, Wood, Multi-Surface, Hard Floor etc. so choose according to your personal needs and preferences.
Cleaning formulas significantly improve cleaning and leave pleasant scent in the cleaned area. Also, when used according to the instructions, cleaning formulas are safe for pets and kids.
Empty Hoover BH55210 ONEPWR FloorMate Jet weighs 10.4 pounds (~4.7 kg) with empty tanks. Thanks to the swivel mechanism of the main cleaner head, Hoover BH55210 is rather maneuverable even with full tanks, allowing the user to reach and clean around floor objects and obstacles.
What's in the Box?
When the unit arrives, the box contains: Hoover BH 55210 FloorMate Jet, ONEPWR 3.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery, ONEPWR Charger, Multi-Surface Brushroll, Storage and Cleaning Tray, Measuring Cup and 8 oz Hard Floor Solution.
When the unit arrives, it requires minimal assembly, which can be done with no tools very quickly.
8 oz Hard Floor cleaning solution is just a trial size, allowing the user to test the unit in the real life situations. But, for longer use, the use of Hoover's cleaning solutions is recommended.
One of the most popular cleaning solutions is Hoover Renewal Multi Surface Cleaning Solution which cleans various surfaces rather well and leaves the pleasant scent of citrus blossom, increasing the feeling of freshness.
Hoover BH55210 FloorMate Jet Maintenance
Hoover BH55210 FloorMate Jet is maintenance friendly hard floor cleaner/washer. The most important maintenance tasks include:
- charging the battery using ONEPWR charger that comes with the unit.
- cleaning the brushroll and the cleaning nozzle using the storage and cleaning tray - simply put 5 oz of water in the tray and run the unit at High mode until the water is extracted from the tray. If necessary, repeat this until the brushroll is clean. After that, remove the brushroll from the unit, and let it air dry in its slot.
Note: brushroll cover is transparent, enabling the user to monitor the condition of the spinning brushroll.
- filling, emptying and keeping the tanks clean.
- keep the air filter clean - periodically remove it from the unit and hand wash it using warm water and mild detergent. After air drying it for at least 24 hours, reassemble it back into the unit.
When operating the Hoover BH55210, it is important to know that he unit features motor thermal protection which shuts off the motor if there is a blockage or a clog of some kind in the unit.
When that happens, turns off the unit, remove the battery and any clog or blockage in the unit.
Also, check the air filter.
After letting the unit to cool down for at least 30 minutes, use it as usual.
Note: all maintenance procedures are explained in more detail in the manual.
For short: If you are looking for versatile, 2-in-1 unit for vacuuming and washing bare floors, consider Hoover BH55210 ONEPWR FloorMate Jet - it is simple to use and it does its job rather well.
Also, it comes with 2 year limited warranty.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check Hoover BH55210 ONEPWR Cordless FloorMate Jet Hard Floor Cleaner Amazon link (link opens in the new window).